Many people come to enjoy the scenery and just get away from it all, but for those of a more active inclination, there is no shortage of things to do.
For those of you of a more active persuasion, here are a few of our personal favourites:
- We have two golf courses within 5 minutes (one with a driving range)
- Bike hire
- Canoe hire
- Boat trips
- Fishing (permits available locally)
- Hill walking, rambling and hiking
And if you'd like to take it just a little bit easier:
- Glengoyne Distillery (10 minutes away)
- Luss Village (Glendarroch in the ITV soap Take the High Road) with a sandy shore on Loch Lomond, kiltmaker and bagpipe works
- Lomond Shores (retail, sealife centre and National Park visitor centre)
- Glasgow for excellent shopping
- Stirling and Edinburgh (exceptional historic cities)
- There is also a Pipe band in the Square every Thursday evening during July and August.
- Blair Drummond Safari Park
- Sea Life Centre at Lomond Shores
- Briarlands Farm (a working farm with outdoor children's activities including jumping pillows, maise maze and pedal carts
- David Marshall Lodge (forest visitor centre) with outdoor adventure playground, Go Ape! high-wire adventure course, extensive forest walks, Osprey watching (via hidden cameras), ranger-guided activties, shop and cafe.
(And four pubs to relax, unwind and meet the locals.....)
*Please see our Links page for more details on the items listed above.
© Copyright The Hawthorns B&B Drymen, 2011. All rights reserved.